And here are some tips:
1. To generate new eclipse project from pom.xml, type "mvn eclipse:eclipse".
2. To generate new eclipse project with source attachments type: "mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true"
3. To regenerate eclipse project close the project in eclipse and type "mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse". Add "-DdownloadSources=true", if you like to.
4. Now suppose you have hierarchy of projects. You may like to generate all projects with the proper dependencies between them or you may like to generate a project or two, which are dependent on the repository.
In the first case run "mvn eclipse:eclipse" using root pom.xml. In the second case run "mvn eclipse:eclipse" from the project's directory.
5. To use the projects in eclipse, you need to configure variable called M2_REPO which must point to your local repository. Maven can do it for you by running "mvn -Declipse.workspace=